Thursday, July 5, 2012

Minch's Summer of Love: Chapter 6

Crazy, Stupid Minch
The Movie House has been a living, breathing nightmare for the past several days. All of my colleagues and myself have been working asshole hours with little to no staff. It has been the perfect storm of evil between Ted and Magic Mike. Ted is bringing in the douchebag college kids, who likely have unlicensed Family Guy posters on the wall. Magic Mike has brought in a terrifying mix of cougars, wined up house wives having "Girls Night" and couples-The guy looks like he's been sent to prison, the girl is smirking, knowing that she is finally cashing in her payback chip from the time she was dragged to go see Battleship. My only reprieve, the delightful fans of the new Tyler Perry film. I can sense you think I'm about to say something obnoxious and/or racist. You're wrong. Comparatively so, they have been a treat. One lady called me, "A Blessing." In a ten hour shift where I'll get called an asshole fourteen times, (and that's a good day) being called a blessing is the only thing that prevents me from head butting a window...

There was one particularly amusing moment this past weekend. I was standing outside of a theater playing Magic Mike waiting to take back the Closed Captioning glasses (No time to explain those, ask me in person) from a customer. As the herd of ladies poured out of the double doors, they caught a glance of me and it looked like their post movie sense of glee got dented. It was as if I served as the dark angel of reality, and what guys in their wheelhouse of existence really look like. That right ladies, I am what Single Guy Free Agency looks like. Deal with it...

You've heard me mention the blog Chocolate is My Life more that a few times here. It's writer is Alyssa, whose mom is Joy, who yelled at me until I started blogging suggested I start writing a blog. Alyssa, whose blog is wildly popular, has been quite kind in offering me advice on how to get this thing moving. It's also a suspicion of mine that she was the evil Master Mind who sent her Mom to spy on Date 1. Joy's husband Vince, I believe was just along for the beer.  As she was up from Baltimore, we decided to have "The Chocolate vs The World Crossover Blog Conference 2012, Live from Panera Bread" It was fun. I bought a $6 cookie, and a homeless man barked at me as I walked in. Here's a picture...



I have managed to get pretty deep into this Chapter without offering even the slightest bit of information about Date 3: Revenge of the Sith. After being given fair warning from both Joy and Alyssa that intended to seek out and spy on this date (again Vince would join if beer was involved) I set up a genius decoy at a local Applebees...

You laugh, but these two charged up $400 in drinks and apps
In reality, we went to a local Mini Golf/Arcade Emporium. Good God, I am not good at mini golf, but I am good at getting tickets. I hit the 800 ticket jackpot on some weird slot machine game. As I stood at one of those ticket redemption voucher machines, feeding in tickets like an overgrown eight year old, I thought, "She would be well within her right to walk out on me while I do this." Thankfully, she didn't. We collected like 2000 tickets and while we certainly could have given them to kids...The hell with that noise. We got candy, and bouncy balls, and an inflatable Spongebob, who joined us for post game drinks.


He got a touch out of hand...

He has a problem...
 Perhaps most important, is that I mentioned the existence of this here blog. (To my date, not Spongebob, jackass!) That said...

Hi! How's it going? So, here it is. I hope you like it and find it acceptable and not weird. Feel free to take a look any of the episodes/chapters I written. Don't be put off by the fact I only have 15 followers, most of my friends are far too lazy to make up Google accounts. My followers are kind of like my Platinum Club. There's a far more robust following on my Facebook Fan Page  Oh and no one is literally stalking our dates, at least the police say I don't have enough evidence to press charges...

So there you have it. Great thanks to the good folks at http://eatyourserial.com/ for promoting MvW. I have a pretty big announcement for Chapter 7. I was going to say it here, but this got kinda long. I don't want to give anything away, but it's about the Minch and Topeck Show (With Dave Rector) coming back....

Thanks,
Minch

2 comments:

  1. I've already gotten two views from this blog post. I hope your date wasn't jealous of our amazing blog summit, but if she starts her own blog, she can be invited to the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made an account because Platinum Club sounded cool and fancy.

    ReplyDelete