Monday, November 19, 2012

Episode 43: And You Smell Like One Too.



...it's over. It's finally over. Four days, well over 6,000 people, but as I punched out at 7:30 (I was out at 6) last night I could say to myself that I have worked my last Twilight opening weekend. Any type of celebration over this is tempered by the fact that it's only because they aren't making anymore Twilight movies, and not a change in employment. That is until they churn out the remakes, but I think by that point my boss will be a human head on top of a robot.

Did you Twi-hards like the new movie?

--Just kidding, I don't care. Just like you couldn't care less whether or not I liked Moonrise Kingdom, the new Wes Anderson joint (I loved it.) Yeah I know, you haven't heard of it.

Moving on...

"Me Time" The very phrase conjures up images of fabric softener commercials where a housewife can finally get a moment to relax because she used Tide instead Era. A moment she uses to eat ice cream and watch her stories.

(Daytime Television Side Note: Did you know they gave Steve Harvey a Talk Show? Like a Dr. Phil type one, where he's helping people. Hasn't anybody seen "Johnson Family Vacation" He shouldn't be helping anyone...)

Anyways, ever since Event X (see last episode) I've been thinking a lot about the concept of "Me Time." Specifically, taking the little extra money I can save as a result of this, and going somewhere I have never been. I've always been kind of iffy on the concept of traveling alone, then I realized it's ridiculous hang ups like this that have prevented me from doing things. Who gives a shit, really? Also, I'm not going to stay in a hostel, so the likelihood of me being murdered goes down by at least 60%.

My travel ideas have ranged from

Modest: Canadian weekend leading to the Bills/Seahawks game in Toronto

Slightly more ambitious: Going to DC to see the Presidential Inauguration

Ambitious: Going to see my pals who live in Colorado.

Really Ambitious: Europe-specifically London.  

 Also, I've never been to New York City. I catch shit for that one all of the time. Years ago, and I have probably blogged about this before, but I don't have the strength to rifle through old ones to find out, I crafted a list of places I wanted to travel to before I'm thirty. Given that that happens in April, I'm going to get an incomplete on that assignment, though I did knock Chicago off that list. I keep talking about using Event X to better myself and what's better than the life enriching act of travel, and the potential of finally being able to try foie gras.

Finally, it has come to my attention that I've been doing this blog for just about a year. I know this because early on I was talking about "Blackout Wednesday: Occupy Paddys." Now it's that time of the year again. Blackout Wednesday is two days away and I'm not even sure what I'm doing yet! Dammit, I'm off my game. In honor of last year, I resubmit to you the logo Topeck made for BOW: OP 

 
Anyways, I'm still having a hard time figuring out how to scam earn money and free stuff off my blog. Other people do with their blogs. I bring this up so it doesn't take you all by surprise when I change the blog's name to "Sam Adams Boston Brick Red Ale Presents: Minch vs. the World" As always, thanks for reading. Feel free to share this by discussing it in the chat section of Words with Friends or whatever means are most convenient.

Happy Thanksgiving
Minch  
  


1 comment:

  1. Nothing like the big 3-0 looming to make you want to cross stuff off the bucket list! I can say that because I'll follow suit shortly after. Don't worry, I've gotten a couple free things from my blog but very few and it hasn't happened in a long time. I hate reading blogs that just shill a ton of crap.

    ReplyDelete