Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Episode 46: I'm Feeling Good


You know what I've always liked about the Marvel movies of the last few years? The little "buttons" they'd put after the credits, usually dropping a bombshell or setting up what the next movie was going to be about. Yeah, those were always cool...

I tweeted the other day that never before have I had more to blog about and less time to do it. As I expected, I was promptly scolded for that. Fact is, the last couple of weeks I've been too busy living life to blog about it. But here I am, and lets go over what we missed.

Christmas-I got a Nook, a Jim Kelly jersey, and a shameful amount of alcohol.


Last shift at Regal-Sadly, it was like every single one before it.

The "Free At Last Bar Party"- It was a bar party, you can probably guess how it played out for your buddy.

New Years Eve: Two days after the bar party, so I opted to lay low.

...AND HOLY SHIT!!! HOCKEY IS BACK!!!!!!






Look, people smarter than I can make very astute arguments about why we should just say to hell with the NHL and the way they treat their fans. They are right, and the NHL plays off of how much their fans love the sport, but...I can't help it. It's the sport of my father, and his father before him. I can't not be excited for Sabres hockey. In fact, my reaction to the CBA agreement (the first step to the end of the lockout) was similar to this...


Well, I'm sure you must be curious about the new gig. The new job is, in a word, challenging. Perhaps internally you just went, "Uh oh," but a challenge isn't always something that is negative. If this job is challenging, then the old job was grating or annoying. Fact is, I have done the same thing for thirteen years, and I was never challenged. Sure my patience was tried, but that's a completely different thing.

Here, I am being asked to do something completely different, and that is a challenge. Truthfully, there is no better environment for me to take on this challenge in. Everyone from the boss on down has been friendly and welcoming. I'm no longer the Feeny-esque old guy manager in the middle of a bunch of teenagers who scoff at an American Pie reference. I am amongst peers who are genuinely interested in teaching me how to do the job well. Sometimes I don't know whether I'm too hard on myself or not hard enough. I know I'm going to "Get it" really soon, and everyone has a rookie season. Yes, this job is challenging, but your buddy is ready to meet the challenge...

So what the hell do I do know? I'm sure the new gig, (which I'm still struggling to find a "Movie House" like name for) will have a few stories, but nothing like the Movie House. I'm going to have to start filling this blog with Movie House Fan Fiction, like the time Tony and I went searching for the Lost Diamond of Regal and brought along a talking dog named Chester.

I know it's only January, but 2013 seems like it is the year of cautious optimism.

That's it for this one gang. I'd promise that the turnaround will be quicker next time, but that might be a lie. So I'll promise to try, or at least to try to try. Feel free to share this using socialized media and/or printing it out and mailing it to your family and friends. Thanks as always...

Minch

Oh by the way, in the midst of all this new job craziness, I've gone on a few dates too. With someone kind of, sort of, really awesome...

     

1 comment:

  1. Only losers actually live life. Bloggers are supposed to take pictures and document everything and turn down plans to blog. It's in the constitution.

    ReplyDelete