Thursday, September 25, 2014

Episode 54: The Lost Episode


So it has been a couple of months since my last post, which for the past two years is considered a quick turnaround. Let me catch you up on a few things. First off, it finally happened, I have my first real complaint about Movie House 2.0. You see, we have these TV's in the lobby that play ads, music videos, and general whatnot, and recently they've started playing the Rob Schneider, "Making Copies" State Farm ad. At what point does State Farm admit that they are scraping the bottom of the barrel of mid 90's SNL characters? I'm sure next years' "Delta Delta Delta" ad is going to be a blast.

It's coming, I promise you...
So realistically that is the only real hardship I've had to deal with since... Wait, what's this? Okay everybody, never mind, I'm good. And while I'll openly admit that I haven't paid much attention to the vaccine debate, anytime I can side against the guy behind, "The Animal" I'm going to do it.

Oh hey, I also visited NYC for the first time, and participated in the Electric Run, a 5k crossed with a low level family friendlyish rave, that also sells beer/SoCo drinks. ---Yes, that entire phrase was on the banners. In case you were wondering, this was my get up in full effect...


I guess the main story here is that I finished a 5k without dying, pissing my pants, and in less time than it takes to watch a Lord of the Rings movie.  Also, this may serve as my foot in the door to the Rave circuit, and you guys know how I've been looking to start going raves.

In other news, I was apparently documented as a buffalo super fan again. This time CBS caught me at this past week's Bills/Chargers game. Though a handful of people texted me after it happened, one buddy got a shot of the magic moment. Thanks Jeff!!!

If you look close enough, you'll see a sailboat, or alcoholism...
In true Bills fan form, after they lost in truly depressing fashion, a couple of the drunker fans began questioning my loyalty since the colors of my official Royal Order of The Water Buffalo hat were blue and yellow, the same colors as the San Diego Chargers. This caused me, and I admit the loss had soured my mood, to gently remind them, "IT'S A F-----G BUFFALO HAT, YOU IDIOT" Fortunately, they either didn't hear me or chose to ignore me, because if they had taken exception, the game wouldn't have have been the only thing lost in a depressing fashion.  A fight and a pint of blood would have taken an L too.

But none of this is why I decided to write this post today. I wrote this post because I have made a decision. A decision I have made several times before, but this time I want to follow through. You see, now more than ever, it's time to get the band back together...


It's time to do a Minch and Topeck podcast. The last time I had this idea I gave an overview of what the Minch and Topeck show was/is/will be We live in a world where everyone has a podcast, so why not be like everyone? Our biggest obstacle is two fold, a complete lack of equipment and my complete lack of knowledge of how to use the equipment that we as of yet, do not have. Despite all of this, I am issuing a challenge to both of my co hosts as well as myself, that we can get this on board before the end of the year. Granted we all have responsibilities, like children, drinking habits, or Simpsons based freemium games, but I believe we can get this done. I won't mention where yet, but we already have a site willing to host it, you may have heard of them. They feature many great articles and podcasts from many great people, and one from a guy with below average grammar who bitches about TV shows and movies. Now, I'm not going to go as far as to start a kickstarter to get the Minch and Topeck show on the internets, but I will keep a bucket outside my front door, in case you'd like to donate. The challenge has been made, onward to victory!!!!

...so again, how do you Podcast?

And now for something new called, "Hey, Remember When MvW Was Good?" where I link old episodes so new people can see what this was like when I wrote it regularly. In March of 2012, I was told that this blog was too male centric, and as a result, I wrote a script for a romantic comedy. Please enjoy, or enjoy again Episode 26: Vanek at the Disco, even though he's not a Sabre anymore...

Well that's it for this episode, which if you're keeping score at home, is only "The Lost Episode" because I numbered the last one wrong. I'm a dummy. Feel free to share this on your Facepage, PinSpace, InstaBooks, and on AOL Chat rooms when asked a/s/l.

Minch 

No comments:

Post a Comment