Monday, April 9, 2012

Episode #30: Miller Time

First off, thanks to you all for your birthday greetings, well wishes, and generous offers to donate kidneys before during and after MinchDay 2012. A fine evening was had by all, and something I've always known was once again reinforced, I have some of the finest friends a person can ask for. So I'm sure your wondering about the cliffhanger from last episode: did the 1 in 1,000,000,000 shot of inviting famous actress/Queen of the Hipster Girls Zooey Deschanel work? I'll let this speak for itself...


I wonder what will show up in my mailbox first, the cease and desist or the restraining order?
Moving on to some exposition, for those of you who aren't aware, there is a local radio station here named 98PXY (The Number One Hit Music Station) It's a pop station and every year they throw a concert called Summer Jam, where they pack Rochester's Triple A baseball park to the brim with 14 year olds and have 5-7 bands play. The kids seem to like it so I mind my own business and not go. This year, they started selling tickets before they even mentioned who was going to be there. I found this odd, so I turned to one of my many radio contacts, who, in what can only be described as a fit of drunken rage, gave me the entire list of who is going to be there. I am sworn to secrecy, but seeing as though I am both a liar and a bad friend, I am going to share with you now the band list for Summer Jam 2012

98 PXY's Summer JAM 2012: Presented by LaserQuest and Snap Bracelets (or some other dumb thing kids like.)  


With Special Guest Host: Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson!!!!


That actually sounds like a great show. Even though you are now sworn to secrecy about this, feel free to share this with your friends. Just click the links below to share this with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. It will count as a late birthday present to me, unless you got me a present, in which case it will count as a second birthday present. Also it is my sincere hope that at least one person has a dance party with all the music links I have listed...

Minch

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what's worse, you showing your age by mentioning slap bracelets or the fact that you thought they were called snap bracelets. It's like you didn't even pay attention in third grade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to all of Tubthumping, and still think it's garbage, just as I did when I was in high school. No Squirrel Nut Zippers...well it's just not worth attending with no Squirrel Nut Zippers.

    ReplyDelete