Friday, March 30, 2012

Episode 29: Well I Guess This is Growing Up

Hey gang, it's been a while. You can blame Hunger Games for that. Four days, nearly 10,000 maniacs, 32 hours, two birthday parties, and as expected, hundreds of puffy paint tee shirts. Look, I get that you girls like this stuff, but I don't get the whole mania element, spending all that money on merchandise, showing up in costume, cheering like lunatics...

Wait, this is different! You get to drink at hockey games...
Hunger Games made literally Eleventy Billion dollars this past weekend, further proving that if you have a thing to sell, sell it to the ladies, starting at age 11. That is why I am working on selling the script to my Nicholas Sparks movie, "As We Know It"  I can imagine a world where girls arrive 12 hours early to see it wearing shirts with Albert Brooks and Arn Anderson on them. Did I see HG you ask? Piss no, I saw 21 Jump Street, because I like movies that are good.

So next week is my birthday, as luck would have I am turning 29. I swear I didn't plan this out, in fact I originally wanted to title this, "The Population of Pominville." Turning 29 has a really weird aura around it. It's like the series finale of my 20's, and frankly kinda makes me feel like I should start investing in becoming a person. Despite my shamefully long tenure, I promise I don't see the movie house as a career move. My rationale for that is, if I have to work on Christmas, it damn well better be something I truly love. I don't want to sit here and treat turning 29 like it's turning 89. Rather I will take this opportunity to review my Life's To Do List, let's not call it a "Bucket List" as I am not dying, and I don't want to be reminded how bad Rob Reiner is at modern day storytelling (Oh really, you want to argue that one? Go watch "Alex and Emma" and "Rumor Has It" then we'll talk)  Ok here goes:

Minch's Life To Do List 
 I have a lot of places I want to travel to, both at home (Chicago, Washington DC, Hawaii, California -again) as well as abroad ( London, Paris, Munich, Dublin, and Tokyo-ever since I saw Lost in Translation)

I want to see a baseball game in every single ball park (I've been to Fenway, PNC park in Pitts, Camden Yards in Baltimore, and The SkyDome, (yes, the SKYDOME) in Toronto.) So I have a good start. 

I want to both own Sabres season tickets, and one day drop the puck before a Sabres game. 

I want to spend a night hanging out with Bill Murray. I honestly feel like that is more possible than I imagine. 

I want to try my hand at Play by Play broadcasting. I feel like I could be good at it. Right now, the closest I come to utilizing my broadcasting degree is this 585-225-5810---Go Ahead, call it. 

Okay, that's a fine start. I feel like those, for the most part, are legitimate and obtainable goals. I mean of course I could go into the more far fetched and difficult goals like, host a late night talk show---I mean if George Lopez could do it as long as he did, I think I stand a chance, but let's start with the grounded goals and work our way up. 

And finally, on the off, and unlikely chance you're reading this, as I tweeted it to, Hi Zooey Deschanel. Hope you enjoyed this blog. You might be wondering why I tweeted it to you in the first place. Well there is this little shin-dig we're having next Friday at Paddy's Irish Pub in Rochester NY. It's called MinchDay--I didn't come up with it....someone else did....um....Topeck! My friend Topeck came up with calling it MinchDay. It starts at 8, and they are running specials on Guinness and Jameson's. Though I am sure they can get their one bottle of wine out of the basement if you wanted that instead. Don't ask for the house wine, you'll get Jamesons.  Anyways, if you're going to be in the Greater Rochester Area, and looking for something to do, you're more than welcome to join. No need to bring presents, unless you want to. 

Yeah, I guess the rest of you jerks my beloved blog readers are invited too. Just don't cramp my style if she shows up, and by cramp my style, I mean let me be belligerently drunk. Okay, thanks for reading gang. Feel free to click the links below and share with your Facebook friends and Twitter pals. I really appreciate when you do. 

Thanks,
Minch 

PS--to appease the Eckerts, The Sabres Won Minch Madness 2012.   

3 comments:

  1. Dude. We wanted Hogwarts to win in that match-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was appeasing you guys by crowning a winner. If it makes you feel any better, it was Hogwarts/Sabres in the Championship round. Vanek scored a hat trick and Kaleta got into a fight with Neville

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! 29 has so much pressure on it, as your last birthday in your 20s. I've been trying to figure out how to ring it in this June for months now. I only spent $20 on a HG shirt from Etsy, and considering football jerseys can be over $100 and then be rendered completely unwearable if the player gets sold, I find that completely reasonable.

    You can totally stay with us if you want to visit DC! As long as you are ready to do some serious partying in Baltimore first.

    ReplyDelete