Friday, January 6, 2012

Episode 16: What the Hell is a Dubstep?

Here we are gang, the first episode of 2012. First off, I got a great response to my open letter to MSG and Time Warner. It was the third most read thing I’ve posted, and was retweeted by people I don’t even know. I like to think it found its way to Sabres owner Terry Pegula, as there is no evidence that it didn’t. Currently, the situation is still deadlocked, and the Buffalo city council has asked the office of the AG for help. Make it happen! As I am a renter, I can’t swap out for Direct TV, otherwise I would in a heartbeat.

Moving on, this coming Monday, I begin my trek back to the gymnasium. I have always waited a week after the new year. First off, it “thins the herd” of resolution-ists. Second, it gives me one last week to sow the wild oats, (weeknight drinking, garbage plates, Wendy’s, and of course Denny’s!) For two days next week I have a gym buddy, my friend Christina (who has a similar weight loss saga as myself) will be along for the ride. We are doing a cycling class on Wednesday, and I won’t lie to you, that scares the living shit out of me. I will likely die in the middle of that, so avenge me!

I liken this whole weight loss business to flying. It’s the take off and landing that’s the bitch of it. Especially take off, getting into a routine without falling off the wagon and saying hell with it is the toughest part. Once I’m in the air, and noticeably losing weight then I’m all in, and motivation can manifest itself. If landing is maintaining, then I’ve already nose dived into the runway. Son of a bitch this was a wonderful analogy! I know some of you are fitness nuts, and I say that respectfully, how the hell do you keep up your motivation? Don’t try and sell me running outside!!! The only way I’m running on ice is if I’m being chased by a polar bear.

Coming out this week to the movie house is “The Devil Inside.” Maybe you guys can explain this to me. Why the hell is crap like this that popular? People go ape shit over Exorcism movies and fake home video movies, so the combination of the two means my shift tonight is likely going to blow. I have no interest in either to be honest with you, though I did kinda like “Cloverfield.” It can’t be that you think it’s real, right? The Vatican does not approve the recording of Exorcisms --The commercials have said this. To me that is the equivalent of saying-The Vatican does not approve the recording of unicorn hunting.

The other great line from the ads: The Vatican does not approve of this movie. Okay, here’s some other movies the Vatican hasn’t “approved.”

*Monkeybone
*Pootie Tang
*Hancock
*The one where Diane Lane cheats on Richard Gere with some swarthy guy, then Richard Gere kills him with a snow globe or something stupid like that.


Point being, I don’t really think the Vatican is in the business of approving movies, maybe “Passion of the Christ,” but I don’t see why. Who wants to see Jesus get whooped for a couple of hours. That’s like watching your team lose the Super Bowl on a loop. I’ve gotten off track…

I’ll give you three guesses where I’m headed this weekend. If you said, “Really?! Buffalo again??” You are correct! With what has been the worst kept secret in history, Rumple Fran got us Sabres tickets for Christmas. How poorly was this secret kept…

Early December, mid afternoon.

Mom (on the phone): How far in advance do you need to take off for something?

Me: A couple of weeks. Why?
 

Mom: Make sure you are off on January 7th, and you don’t work til night on the 8th.

Me: Why?

Mom: Shut up.

Me (Checks Sabres schedule. Sees 7pm game against the Winnipeg Jets)


 Well that and my cousin flat out told me days later. This time, we got a hotel room and are heading out after the game, so bad decisions will be abound! My sister will be out too, so I have her there to call any girl I would potentially hit on a “dumb bitch,” thus lessening my already poor odds. Hopefully her boyfriend, What’s his name, will keep her in check.

A great many thanks to all of you for reading. Why not be a lamb and click the little F below and share this link on your Facebook, or Retweet it! Any and all feedback is appreciated, so thanks!

Minch     

2 comments:

  1. A dubstep is a type of bratwurst I'm pretty sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stay accountable to my workouts by posting them all to my blog and dailymile, and knowing that I have blog friends who will totally call me out and mock me if I don't do them. It's a good system. My friends wanted to see The Devil Inside last night when our planned movie was sold out, and I told them I'd prefer to get dental work done. Good luck with the ladies!

    ReplyDelete