Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Episode 22: My Sincere and Heartfelt Apology For Party Rocking

Frankly, I am alarmed by how many people read Episode 21. It surpassed my previous all time #1 (The MSG/TWC letter) by over 100 views. 90% of the credit goes to Maslyn, 8% goes to me, 1.5% goes to Spex, and .5% goes to margin of error.

I used the tail end of Ep. 21, to promote Maz and Spex’s opus, “Shit Rochester People Say,” though honestly by that point, it was the equivalent of me trying to promote the Super Bowl. People had already started spreading it like wildfire. Despite that, they were grateful enough to put a link to MVW right on the video. Next thing I know I have a shit ton of people reading me bitch about Subway, and Tom Brady, and whatever the hell else…I don’t go back and read them. So welcome aboard new comers!!!

A wacky cast of characters, including Maz and myself, hit up our local watering hole Paddy’s Irish Pub, on Saturday night. It isn’t often that we have the same night off, so we decided to celebrate by having a good old fashioned shit show! I became acquainted with my newest favorite vice, ecstasy mixed with acid, Bud Light Platinum. Maybe it’s the 6% alcohol, maybe it’s the shiny blue bottle, but dammit, I’m a fan. Throw in a few shots of Jameson’s, and you got yourself an evening of gentlemanly conversation and debate. Oh and someone recognized Maz from the video, and wanted to take a picture with him…

The next morning, I had gone from feeling like a million bucks to feeling like a buck-three-eighty. But it was Super Bowl Day. I like to imagine, that as I laid on the couch, half watching SNL, my heart was giving a pep talk to my liver, kidneys, and stomach…

Heart: God Dammit! I know we had a game yesterday, but today is the Super Bowl! I want you boys to suck it up and play like champions! There’s gonna be beer, there’s gonna be deer meat, there’s gonna chili, and you sons of bitches are gonna be ready for all of it! Why? Because your part of this team, and until we die, we never say die!!!

Brain: Uh yeah, Can I just say one thing here? Maybe its not the best idea to ----

Heart: SHUT UP NERD! We’ve never listened to you before, no need to start now…


(and scene)

As for the game itself, the only takeaway I had was this: After the game, Mrs. Brady, Gisele Bundchen said the following, “My husband cannot (expletive) throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time.” 

Here are my guesses at what (expletive) was:
1) Shit sandwich
2) Bitch Waffle
3) Fart Knuckle


So this was a fairly big slam on Tommy Boy’s teammates, and isn’t an example of being graceful when losing. So Mrs. B, since I had to scold your husband last time, might as well move on to you…

Look, I get it, your attractive, but the kinda of attractive where it’s annoying. You’re not gonna bother talking to me, so why the hell should I bother buying you a drink? I’ll buy myself a drink. Besides I like my girls a little more hipster/nerdy. The type that wouldn’t mind wearing a Ninja Turtles t shirt…Wait, where the hell was this going? Oh right, Super Bowl.

I know you were disappointed and angry over the end of the Super Bowl, but remember, and this is important: You were in the movie Taxi

America, we allowed this to happen...
…and when you are in the movie Taxi, you don’t get to criticize anything or anyone ever…at all. If you were on the show Taxi, then hell have at it (Go get ’em Judd Hirsch!) but you weren’t. You were in the movie Taxi. That might not seem fair, but you should have thought about that before you were in the movie Taxi.

Problem solved. Well that’s all for this one friends. Feel free to share this old boy on the Facebook. Just click the little F below. Then copy and paste the following…

Minch is like a modern day Hemmingway, not in terms of writing ability, but in alcohol consumption.

Thanks,
Minch

1 comment:

  1. My takeaway from the Super Bowl was that Madonna looked and sounded awesome at 53. That video is hilarious. I love that someone wanted to take their picture with your friend. Overnight celebrity.

    ReplyDelete