Friday, February 17, 2012

Episode 24: Min(ch)sanity

My apologies for the delay, although not really, I did two episodes last week, don’t get spoiled. Truth is, I threw the kitchen sink into the #23, and I didn’t want to follow that up with some half assed half-assery. Sort of like when Jamie Foxx did Ray, then followed it up with Stealth. Remember Stealth? No, and there’s a reason.

Facebook told me the Grammy’s were this past weekend. I am finding myself less and less interested with any and all award shows. I don’t really care what award voters like, just let me like what I like. Also Skrillex won Grammy’s? So we are just going to go ahead and start calling that music? At some point, I imagine Mozart turned to Nat King Cole in Non-Denominational Heaven and said, “They are just joking with this shit. Right?

To which, Nat responded with, “Hell with this nonsense, let’s watch Family Guy.”

Of course then Mozart started droning on about how Family Guy isn’t as funny anymore, and everyone rolled their eyes…

I’ve gotten off track. I did learn a neat trick while looking at Facebook during the Grammy’s…

And Now MVW Presents: How to piss off 90% of your Female Facebook followers in one easy step.

1) Post something disparaging about Adele. 

(For added effect, make it a slight about her weight)

Congrats! They are all pissed at you! Savor the hate. 

*For entertainment purposes only, does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of MVW.

Something neat happened while I was in the process of writing this blog. Earlier this year I used this forum to write an angry open letter to Time Warner Cable and MSG network. Their continued dispute led to millions of TWC customers being unable to watch Sabres, Rangers, Devils, and Knicks games. I equated the whole thing to two Super villains fighting. I asked, who would be our hero? Finally, our hero has stepped up, from the most unlikely of places.

Enter Jeremy Lin of the New York Knickerbockers, If you even flip past ESPN, you will likely hear his name twice.  His crazy on court talent, combined with the persistence and general unpleasantness of NY sports fans brought TWC and MSG to the table to reach and agreement. Not for the betterment of the fans, but so both sides can make a buck. Thanks for the deal, you are both still Mondo Assholes. Now at least I get to watch my Buffalo Sabres at home without it needing to be on NBC Sports, which means no more Pin Head Pierre McGuire criticizing them…

..because frankly I can do that fine myself. The Sabres have seemed to stomp out any type of momentum they were building in the past week, and the idea of them making the playoffs seems nearly impossible.

This seems crazy, the Sabres were a team that made major deals during the off season, and were favorites to be among the top of the Eastern Conference. Wait where have I heard this one before? Oh that’s right, my other team: The Boston Red Sox. What? You didn’t know that I am an avid, and branded Sox fan? Someone didn’t read Episode 1. They spent an assload making major moves last off season, and were the favorites to take the AL East, only to nosedive in August/September. Throw in the Bills getting everyone’s hopes up for the first couple of weeks only to reemerge as the real Buffalo Bills and you have what has been a rough stretch of sport seasons for this guy. I mean granted, the Sabres season isn’t over yet, but at this rate…FART

So why do honest people do this to themselves? Why subject yourself to a pain that is not only optional, but is something you have no means to control! You can’t score the game winning goal, or touchdown, or homerun.

In my humble opinion, fans do this, because the sweet is worth the sour. Sure the 2011 Red Sox season was a heartbreaking nightmare, but 2004 was a hell of a lot of fun. Yeah, last night’s Sabres game was hideous, (7-2 loss to the God Damn Flyers) but remember how you felt when Drury scored the tying goal against the Rangers in the playoffs. Worth it! We’ll take the lows, hoping that the highs are on the way…

Well, that’s it pals. The numbers on the last MVW were great, and it didn’t even require me piggybacking on my pals YouTube. Please continue to spread the word by sharing this old boy on Facebook and Twitter.

Thanks!
Minch  

No comments:

Post a Comment