Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Episode 1: The First Episode

Ok, You know how all video games start with a really easy level where you just kinda go through the motions to get a feel for everything? That is going to be this episode. Also, no one will die, at least I'm relatively sure about that.

So why in the world have I opted to become yet another asshole, with yet another blog? Was it the persistent motherly advice of Joy Roberts, my former marketing partner in crime? Well that helped. She also came up with the title of this thing. Maslyn also helped inspire me, in the form of telling me to get off my ass today.. For those of you who don't know Maslyn, he's going to be a recurring character. So is Fran, and Dennis + Ashley, and Kristin, and Jeremy, and my niece dogs Tia and Daisy. Still, this doesn't answer why this exists, or more importantly why you should give a damn.

Frankly, my life is a constant stream of wacky adventures. My place of employment, which I shan't name, but know it's a movie house, is usually a prime source for material, both it's operating company, and it's clientele. I sometimes wonder if they are secretly in a footrace for who can be worse, but we'll get into that another time.  I think It might be nice to document these adventures in a form longer than Facebook and Twitter can provide.

Here are a few fun facts to know before proceeding:
I lean left.
I am a Red Sox fan living in NY, which is a pain in the ass.
I am a Sabres fan.
I like good movies, bad movies that go on to be successful make me want to leave America.
I have a To Do list of places I want to go.
I enjoy the occasional adult beverage.
I am an unrelenting, but hopefully lovable smartass.
I am single, and a good deal of misadventures come from attempts at dating.

Hey, there we go. We all made it through the pilot together. I'll try and do another one tomorrow, you know, unless I get bored of this whole thing. For now, I'm heading off to Paddy's with the gang to watch the Sabres take on the Devils. Thanks for reading.

Minch.

PS- When do I start making money on this nonsense?

No comments:

Post a Comment