Friday, November 18, 2011

Episode 2: So Now What?

Hi, welcome back. Here’s a couple of fun notes since our last meeting.

Wow, Wednesday’s Sabres game was an abortion wasn’t it? Losing 5-3 to the New Jersey Devils is bad, but what’s worse is how long it takes to air the Jersey stink out of the First Niagara Center. The boys in blue and gold look mighty inconsistent this season, but that’s for another time.

Last night, and my fake excuse for not blogging yesterday was the midnight show of Twilight: Breaking Dawn or as a certain projectionist labeled the print “Twilight: Breaking Wind”-I wish I could say that was me, but I will leave it up to the responsible party to come forward and receive their well deserved praise. I’ll be honest, I am at a point in my life where I am unimpressed by busyness. Yeah, it’s busy, it was busy for the Harry Potter movies, it was busy for Dark Knight, shit it was busy as all holy hell for the Grinch. I’ve seen it before, and as long as none of our ancient shit pot equipment doesn’t fail, we’ll be fine. And we were…

I have this weird obsession with screwing with the minds of these crazy Twilight folk. As I was manning the ticket taker station, keeping the hoards of  fanatics, who came hours early mind you, at bay, I joked with them about which theater I was going to start the movie in first. (SHOP TALK: Twilight was playing in 4 different theaters at midnight last night) I told the lunatics that whatever theater I started last would be five seconds behind. This spiraled into a crazy debate amongst the psychos about how terrible it would be to be five seconds behind everyone else. Weep for humanity. Truth be told, I like the enthusiasm of these crazies, but I find the whole thing atrocious.

The real reason I didn’t write a blog yesterday is because I spent my pre work free time catching up on Boardwalk Empire. What? Never heard of and/or don’t watch it. Son of a bitch!!! Why doesn’t anyone watch this show. It’s amazing, and every week I see it, and want to talk to someone about it, but no one gives a damn. With Sopranos (Boardwalk is created by the same guy, Terrence Winter) the Monday after it aired you could find 10 people who were ready and willing to talk about how awesome/mediocre/then better/then awesome again the episode was.

I have a very particular taste in television, namely if it’s on CBS, it blows. I can’t understand a world where NBC’s Community struggles, but CBS’ Fat People In Love has amazing ratings. I guess what I’m saying is, if Community gets canceled, I’m going to fist fight the entire cast of Big Bang Theory. I know I can at least beat the asshole from Roseanne and the big headed fella that keeps winning undeserved EMMYS.

Ok gang, that’s all for now. I have a busy ass weekend of crappy work leading into my favorite holiday of all: Blackout Wednesday. Talk to you soon.
Minch 

1 comment:

  1. I'm one of those Twilight crazies, although I didn't see the midnight show. I love the five seconds behind thing. Genius.

    ReplyDelete