Sunday, November 20, 2011

Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith

Oh hey gang, I’d be a rotten bastard of a liar if I didn’t begin by congratulating Josh Greenwood on being my 600th Facebook friend! He and I worked together at the theater about a 150 years ago, and most recently hung out at the Fantastic Rector Wedding! Thanks Josh!

Alright so what’s new? Well, the First Niagara Center is cursed and/or haunted. Sabres are 5-6 on home ice, and that blows. Sabres’ GM Darcy Regier clearly needs to hire a priest to cleanse the evil spirits out. Their next game is Wednesday when they take on the Boston Bruins for the first time since Milan Lucic (Lew-cheech: Serbian for: Asshole) took out Ryan Miller. As much as I want them to win, I also want them to be physical. By physical I mean I want to see Tyler Myers skate over Lucic’s throat (that’s not over the line, right?) It’s an added bonus that the game is on Blackout Wednesday, and Paddy’s will be packed with like minded drunkards.

Three days of dealing with Twi-Tards has tuckered me out. I could use a vacation. My brother Dennis and his wife Ashley often talk about their honeymoon in Mexico, which was all inclusive. This usually makes me so insanely jealous that I want to kidnap their dog Tia, and raise her as my own. Odd responses to jealousy aside, perhaps we could all work together and start a charity to send me on an all inclusive trip to Mexico, or if you are going already, just bring me along! I’m a delight and can only enhance your vacation experience. And don’t worry, if it’s a honeymoon I’ll just hang out at the bar while you guys, “Do your taxes” - as Joey Gladstone once explained to Michelle Tanner.

Well the Bills kick off in about 45 minutes, and Lord knows I can’t resist a good disappointment. Enjoy your lazy Sunday…

Minch   

No comments:

Post a Comment