Monday, November 21, 2011

Episode 4: If a Blog Shits in the Woods...

Today is my first day off since Twilight started, and holy hell it came in the nick of time. I could feel my Rage meter bump up to 98%, as opposed to my usual, far more comfortable setting of 93%. So, what am I going to do with all this free time? Well, I’m going to pay some bills, do some laundry, maybe visit my Mom and sister at their bowling league (to try and short con a pizza out of one and a pitcher of beer out of the other). All in all, I’m not doing much, but that’s alright as there is a grand event on the horizon.

Do you remember that period where they kept having Steve Urkel show up on other ABC shows for one episode cameos? (Stick with me, this will come up later.) Also, when exactly did Family Matters go from being a sitcom about the daily life of a suburban African American family living in Illinois to a spring board for Urkel-Bot, Stefon Urkell, and Waldo Geraldo Faldo? (This has literally nothing to do with today’s blog, but is still a valid question)

If you know me, and honestly I don’t think there are any strangers reading this blog…YET, you have heard me refer to “Blackout Wednesday.” This is my branding of one of the biggest drinking nights of the year. You may ask yourself, “Why is this important to Minch, that sweet hearted, handsome devil that he is?” The answer may surprise you a bit.

Obviously, there is a part of me that likes to go out with my merry band of miscreants and show the rookies how its done. You can usually spot the rookies in the bar, they’re the ones doing $40 shots of grenadine with a thimble full of well gin.

What’s more important is what Blackout Wednesday has become in recent years: A collection of everyone I know coming out together and having a good night. It gets wacky as different friend groups (college, work, old timey pals,) intermingle. This leads to different worlds colliding, like when Urkel was on Step by Step and/or Full House!!!--see, I promised!!!

This Blackout Wednesday is extra special as it also includes a major Sabres game, and the release of a movie that I have been waiting for all year. You guessed it: The Muppets!!!! …yes, I’m serious. What? Hey screw you, I didn’t make fun of you for going to see that stupid sparklely vampire bullshit. If there is time, I really want to work in watching the greatest Thanksgiving movie of all time: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. If you haven’t seen it, do yourself a favor, as it is John Candy’s finest work, and yes that’s including Camp Candy (look it up.)

Any of these activities are open to the public. Feel free to contact me on Facebook if you want more info (just incase there are strangers who read this) I very sincerely hope to see you out Wednesday night.

This thing is still in its infancy, and I would love to hear from you guys reading it. What do you like? What do like slightly less? Any topics you’d like me to tackle? I thrive on your feedback so let me hear it. Thanks for reading!

Minch 

1 comment:

  1. I feel you need to tackle the ever important topic of Kirk Cameron's effect on modern theology, whether it be his shaping of Growing Pains into even more of a limp sitcom, or his star turn in the Left Behind movies.

    ReplyDelete